Skip to main content

Exploring Value and The Subtractive Color Theory

1. Discuss what you thought about creating the Value Scale and Color Wheel.
I found them both to be a refreshing redoing of something I have done in the past. I do enjoy working with both mediums so this was a more enjoyable project to do.
2. Which media did you enjoy working with the best and why?
Honestly I cannot really pick as I work with both mediums frequently. I love both painting in acrylic and drawing which should be reflected in the previous blog posting. 
3. What was the most important discovery in the creation of these studies?
I did enjoy how this exercise showed the true primary colors. I remember I actually learned this back when I was a The Lead Photo Chemist Technician when I worked at Walgreens. We used to refill inkjet cartridges. We used the refill them with the true primary colors. Magenta, Cyan and Yellow.  
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos for this project? What is your opinion of the videos? The videos were great in that they were accurate yet short and to the point as well as easy to understand. It reminds me of how w were taught as children incorrectly that you cannot subtract with the smaller number on top.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project one: Visit to the Albright Knox gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 1]Artist-Victor Vasarely, Title- Vega-Nor, Media-Oil on Canvas, scale -compared to me this piece is taller than I am and in width it is also a bit wider as well, year - 1969 This first piece made an impression on me because the elements used create and lead the eyes to see a sphere coming right out of the center of the canvas! The way the artist used the elements and principals of art to create this piece to make it appear that way is brilliant. 2]Artist- Dan Flavon, Title - Untitled (to Donna) 6 , Media - Blue pink and yellow florescent lights, scale- This piece is much bigger than me in length and width!,  year - 1971 This piece I found to be very impressive because of it's unique media and it's scale as well. It's size and the lights almost demand attention. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? 1] Artist - Jim Dine, Title - Child's Blue Wall, Media - mixed: Oil on canvas, Light Bu...

Art 247 Gallery Visit

So I choose to visit the Art247 in Lockport! I love it there, my friend is the owner. It's a gem not enough people know about!! It's on main street at 247 in lockport! I am doing my project on the yearly Domestic Violence Survivors art showing!  This first picture is of the 1st piece I saw. It caught my eye because I know the artist and saw it last year! This exhibit unlike many other does not display the names of the works or who they were made by as they are survivors of Domestic Violence.  Work 1 to analyze!  The second to analyze!  The third to analyze!

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

        For this project I choose to capture images of my own artwork and I will explain how they all show the Elements of Design. It will be interesting to analyze my own work in this manner as I never have before. Please note, the images are of my own artwork and MAY NOT BE reproduced IN ANY MANNER without my permission!! It is actually fully against the law. The pictures of the charcoal, pencil, colored pencil of elephants are also covered by the publisher as copyrighted works. They are all drafts, some more complete than others. I do have permission from the publisher and a mutual understanding that I own the works of art and can do with them as I wish . (sell them or use them for this project for instance) Those works are my personal works and the publishers so please respect that. The Elements and Principles of Design: The things with which an artist works with to create a composition.  The Elements are: Lines; which can be curved or straigh...