Skip to main content

Perspective of matrials Covered in Week One



1. How was the process of creating the GMail account and setting up the Blog?
The process of creating a new Gmail account and setting up the Blog itself was overall simple but there were a few technical issues and I struggled in creating a title for my blog. I hope I will be able to show how art and the biochemistry of the brain changes our perception of reality.
2. What do you expect to learn in this course?
To connect how art is influenced by politics, an individual's BioChemistry and the economy. How art changes the neurological pathways of the brain. Therefore altering one's, BioChemistry which produces therapeutic effects on an individual in a range of beneficial ways from boosting creativity to helping survivors of trauma from Domestic and or Sexual Assault for example. Although PTSD and Trauma can manifest from a broad range of events which is not the normal perception of PTSD.
I hope to strengthen and broaden my knowledge and skills of art as whole in all of it's seemingly infinite aspects.
3. How do you feel about taking an online course?

Although this is my first semester out of the 6 I have taken where I have taken an online course, (I am enrolled in two) I am hopeful that it will allow for me to still be successful in college despite somewhat challenging parts of my life I face. I am a disabled mother and survivor 2 years this October of 28 years of Domestic and Sexual Violence which happened at the hands of my own family by birth. I broke this 2 generation familial cycle for my 3.5 year old son because I refused to let my son become generation three. I have about 50 different diagnosed diseases/disorders some of which are Panic Attacks, PTSD, ADD, Narcolepsy, and a Genetic Connective Tissue Disease called Ehlers - Danlos syndrome type 3 which affects the body's ability to produce collagen which isn't mutated which makes up tissues and is a main component of the body's make up. It also affects other proteins in the body such as enzymes one of which makes me an ultra rapid high metabolizer of about 20% of what the body intakes including toxins and medications used in palliative care to help make my life tolerable.  
4. What three things in the Growth Mindset (from Step 3) videos do you believe most apply to you?

As a major in the hard sciences such as Biology and Chemistry I am fully aware that just as any muscle, your brain also needs exercise. I also know that everyone no matter their I.Q. or how people perceive their ability to be successful can be successful. I.Q only is a measure of what one's potential has been analyzed as. Someone can have the highest I.Q. out of anyone you may have ever met but this does not guarantee success or intelligence.  It is only an estimate of one's estimated ability to become successful and learn. A high I.Q. is meaningless if one does not nurture and develop their skills and mindset. "Failure defeats losers, but inspires winners." I say that of myself I can "weather any storm" from the many challenges I have faced in my life. From overcoming Domestic Violence and breaking the cycle, to managing to gain a voice in society I never before knew I had the right to have. I currently speak out in public at Domestic Violence events. Ones which I create or ones which I am asked or ask to speak at. I know I have the mindset of one which believes in growth. I believe you really can achieve anything you pour your whole being into. I do not accept failure or the word no when it comes to trying to achieve a goal to better my future and the future of others. I am going to be speaking this week at the city of North Tonawanda's "Neighborhood Watch Meeting" about Domestic Violence, Brittany's Law (bill 6609), Megan's Law, and the New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence. 
In short to summarize this I know I have a "growth mindset", I know that failing at something is not something that will ever defeat me or stop me from succeeding. The only thing in my way of success in the end is myself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project one: Visit to the Albright Knox gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 1]Artist-Victor Vasarely, Title- Vega-Nor, Media-Oil on Canvas, scale -compared to me this piece is taller than I am and in width it is also a bit wider as well, year - 1969 This first piece made an impression on me because the elements used create and lead the eyes to see a sphere coming right out of the center of the canvas! The way the artist used the elements and principals of art to create this piece to make it appear that way is brilliant. 2]Artist- Dan Flavon, Title - Untitled (to Donna) 6 , Media - Blue pink and yellow florescent lights, scale- This piece is much bigger than me in length and width!,  year - 1971 This piece I found to be very impressive because of it's unique media and it's scale as well. It's size and the lights almost demand attention. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? 1] Artist - Jim Dine, Title - Child's Blue Wall, Media - mixed: Oil on canvas, Light Bu...

Art 247 Gallery Visit

So I choose to visit the Art247 in Lockport! I love it there, my friend is the owner. It's a gem not enough people know about!! It's on main street at 247 in lockport! I am doing my project on the yearly Domestic Violence Survivors art showing!  This first picture is of the 1st piece I saw. It caught my eye because I know the artist and saw it last year! This exhibit unlike many other does not display the names of the works or who they were made by as they are survivors of Domestic Violence.  Work 1 to analyze!  The second to analyze!  The third to analyze!

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

        For this project I choose to capture images of my own artwork and I will explain how they all show the Elements of Design. It will be interesting to analyze my own work in this manner as I never have before. Please note, the images are of my own artwork and MAY NOT BE reproduced IN ANY MANNER without my permission!! It is actually fully against the law. The pictures of the charcoal, pencil, colored pencil of elephants are also covered by the publisher as copyrighted works. They are all drafts, some more complete than others. I do have permission from the publisher and a mutual understanding that I own the works of art and can do with them as I wish . (sell them or use them for this project for instance) Those works are my personal works and the publishers so please respect that. The Elements and Principles of Design: The things with which an artist works with to create a composition.  The Elements are: Lines; which can be curved or straigh...