Skip to main content

Blog Topic: Video Review

1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

I enjoyed the videos teachings of the process of making the glass sculpture as compared to making a sculpture of other forms such as clay, plaster and marble. They were very detailed from the teachings of the videos. With procedure to produce stone sculpture there was a large amount of time put into making it which I would imagine but unlike the text it was nice to see this in a video format. I greatly enjoyed the video about glass, although I did already know about the process of extreme heat used with sand and how it is made it is something I have had a great interest in learning to do myself and makes me want to even more. I want to go visit the Corning museum or the one which my Inorganic chemistry teacher brought up during the semester a few weeks ago. The works he showed us looked so extremely detailed and it was amazing that they were all made of glass.  

2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?

They relate to the readings in the text in the same way that all of the videos thus far have done such a great job in doing. Which is to allow us to learn the topic of the text in another format and in greater detail. There is something about seeing something vs. reading it which makes one able to understand or notice things they may have missed in the text. 

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the topics: Sculpture, Installation, and Craft?

The films did an excellent job of showing how very detailed the the art of these creations is and how very much time, skill and knowledge it takes to do so. They did an excellent job of showing and adding much needed depth to the topics which is not conveyed as well in the form of text. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project one: Visit to the Albright Knox gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 1]Artist-Victor Vasarely, Title- Vega-Nor, Media-Oil on Canvas, scale -compared to me this piece is taller than I am and in width it is also a bit wider as well, year - 1969 This first piece made an impression on me because the elements used create and lead the eyes to see a sphere coming right out of the center of the canvas! The way the artist used the elements and principals of art to create this piece to make it appear that way is brilliant. 2]Artist- Dan Flavon, Title - Untitled (to Donna) 6 , Media - Blue pink and yellow florescent lights, scale- This piece is much bigger than me in length and width!,  year - 1971 This piece I found to be very impressive because of it's unique media and it's scale as well. It's size and the lights almost demand attention. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? 1] Artist - Jim Dine, Title - Child's Blue Wall, Media - mixed: Oil on canvas, Light Bu...

Art 247 Gallery Visit

So I choose to visit the Art247 in Lockport! I love it there, my friend is the owner. It's a gem not enough people know about!! It's on main street at 247 in lockport! I am doing my project on the yearly Domestic Violence Survivors art showing!  This first picture is of the 1st piece I saw. It caught my eye because I know the artist and saw it last year! This exhibit unlike many other does not display the names of the works or who they were made by as they are survivors of Domestic Violence.  Work 1 to analyze!  The second to analyze!  The third to analyze!

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

        For this project I choose to capture images of my own artwork and I will explain how they all show the Elements of Design. It will be interesting to analyze my own work in this manner as I never have before. Please note, the images are of my own artwork and MAY NOT BE reproduced IN ANY MANNER without my permission!! It is actually fully against the law. The pictures of the charcoal, pencil, colored pencil of elephants are also covered by the publisher as copyrighted works. They are all drafts, some more complete than others. I do have permission from the publisher and a mutual understanding that I own the works of art and can do with them as I wish . (sell them or use them for this project for instance) Those works are my personal works and the publishers so please respect that. The Elements and Principles of Design: The things with which an artist works with to create a composition.  The Elements are: Lines; which can be curved or straigh...