Skip to main content

designing your own logo

Rough drafts leading to final product.
This was me brain storming
This was me getting all the ideas together and seeing how everything would fit. Including gradients , curved lines, and colors picked to evoke feelings. and and emotions based on the subject of domestic violence. Purple is the color for DV and blue is for child abuse and sexual assault. I am a survivor of both and broke a 2 generation cycle for my son.
This is were i realized a ven diagram would be best to pull all the ideas together,
Final product as a  drawn by hand. Media used: Pencil ,  black charcoal, red charcoal, Prismacolor Premier Verithin on drawing paper made for pencil and charcoal.
This is my professional logo which I created digitally and I took those photos of myself by myself and made it fully myself. 

1. Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.
When 1st creating my logo I was thinking of what it should be about, should it be about ? While deciding I though of my work as a Domestic Violence advocate and how I have a digital logo I created myself. I thought also of my work in computers as I am a computer technician and I do also have a digitally made logo for that. I also thought of a logo for my future work in BioChemistry. In the end I went with my DV work since it is currently as I will be speaking this year October 25th at the DV event held by the Erie County Coalition Against Family Violence which will be held at UB south from the 6pm to 8pm? I believer and they will be show casing a sculpture I made about my experience in Domestic Violence.
2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
While thinking about how to make my logo I thought of how I could create my digital logo in a different fashion for words I use which are :Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil. The idea is that all this does is leads to more Domestic Violence as it is a taboo topic . It is an epidemic but still something people do not feel comfortable. I started .out with just one circle, then I used a Ven Diagram to show how all three lead to just more Violence and no action against stopping it
3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?

4. What is the most important informationIt helped instill in me that I am a very multifaceted person, I have been thought A lot. It also showed me that I can draw and eye, an eye and lips better than I thought I could. I have never been very good at drawing these things so it took a lot of effort! Trough the creative thinking process I noticed I had quite a few options as I do a lot more things than I think people give me credit. They tend t think I am just a disabled single mom and our society looks down on that. People often look down on me for that but they have no idea how much work it is to be a mother let alone a single mother. To be a "professional Patient" people with my diseases and similar ones call it as we usually know far more about our diseases than our doctors and we have to go to so very many doctors appts a month its un-nerving.

What were the most important things  you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material  for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
I liked the videos as they were helpful and right to the point. They explained why your logo needs to be able to be printed on anything from a napkin to a letter head to a folder. While my logo came out bigger than I wanted it to if scaled down it could function for this but I much prefer the logo I use which I posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project one: Visit to the Albright Knox gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 1]Artist-Victor Vasarely, Title- Vega-Nor, Media-Oil on Canvas, scale -compared to me this piece is taller than I am and in width it is also a bit wider as well, year - 1969 This first piece made an impression on me because the elements used create and lead the eyes to see a sphere coming right out of the center of the canvas! The way the artist used the elements and principals of art to create this piece to make it appear that way is brilliant. 2]Artist- Dan Flavon, Title - Untitled (to Donna) 6 , Media - Blue pink and yellow florescent lights, scale- This piece is much bigger than me in length and width!,  year - 1971 This piece I found to be very impressive because of it's unique media and it's scale as well. It's size and the lights almost demand attention. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? 1] Artist - Jim Dine, Title - Child's Blue Wall, Media - mixed: Oil on canvas, Light Bu...

Art 247 Gallery Visit

So I choose to visit the Art247 in Lockport! I love it there, my friend is the owner. It's a gem not enough people know about!! It's on main street at 247 in lockport! I am doing my project on the yearly Domestic Violence Survivors art showing!  This first picture is of the 1st piece I saw. It caught my eye because I know the artist and saw it last year! This exhibit unlike many other does not display the names of the works or who they were made by as they are survivors of Domestic Violence.  Work 1 to analyze!  The second to analyze!  The third to analyze!

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

        For this project I choose to capture images of my own artwork and I will explain how they all show the Elements of Design. It will be interesting to analyze my own work in this manner as I never have before. Please note, the images are of my own artwork and MAY NOT BE reproduced IN ANY MANNER without my permission!! It is actually fully against the law. The pictures of the charcoal, pencil, colored pencil of elephants are also covered by the publisher as copyrighted works. They are all drafts, some more complete than others. I do have permission from the publisher and a mutual understanding that I own the works of art and can do with them as I wish . (sell them or use them for this project for instance) Those works are my personal works and the publishers so please respect that. The Elements and Principles of Design: The things with which an artist works with to create a composition.  The Elements are: Lines; which can be curved or straigh...