Skip to main content

project 4 - drawing of hands and reflection.







1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
It is something I have done before but it was fun to see that my non dominate hand has improved although with most things I tend to be ambidextrous in that I write with my right hand but . I do most other activities with my other hand.

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
Charcoal- I always prefer charcoal over pencil. I love . it's depth and dark rich value.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
It was a little harder but as I said before I am able to use both hands. I actually didn't notice I was using my "non" dominant hand lol when i thought about it I was like oh I forgot I was drawing with my left!

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
 I think that they are I had a few before this one but they improved by a good measure each time. I started this project thursday. 

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
Yes!! But I already switch back and forth. Maybe I was supposed to be left handed ? I can't remember my childhood from PTSD so i have no idea! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project one: Visit to the Albright Knox gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 1]Artist-Victor Vasarely, Title- Vega-Nor, Media-Oil on Canvas, scale -compared to me this piece is taller than I am and in width it is also a bit wider as well, year - 1969 This first piece made an impression on me because the elements used create and lead the eyes to see a sphere coming right out of the center of the canvas! The way the artist used the elements and principals of art to create this piece to make it appear that way is brilliant. 2]Artist- Dan Flavon, Title - Untitled (to Donna) 6 , Media - Blue pink and yellow florescent lights, scale- This piece is much bigger than me in length and width!,  year - 1971 This piece I found to be very impressive because of it's unique media and it's scale as well. It's size and the lights almost demand attention. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? 1] Artist - Jim Dine, Title - Child's Blue Wall, Media - mixed: Oil on canvas, Light Bu...

Art 247 Gallery Visit

So I choose to visit the Art247 in Lockport! I love it there, my friend is the owner. It's a gem not enough people know about!! It's on main street at 247 in lockport! I am doing my project on the yearly Domestic Violence Survivors art showing!  This first picture is of the 1st piece I saw. It caught my eye because I know the artist and saw it last year! This exhibit unlike many other does not display the names of the works or who they were made by as they are survivors of Domestic Violence.  Work 1 to analyze!  The second to analyze!  The third to analyze!

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

        For this project I choose to capture images of my own artwork and I will explain how they all show the Elements of Design. It will be interesting to analyze my own work in this manner as I never have before. Please note, the images are of my own artwork and MAY NOT BE reproduced IN ANY MANNER without my permission!! It is actually fully against the law. The pictures of the charcoal, pencil, colored pencil of elephants are also covered by the publisher as copyrighted works. They are all drafts, some more complete than others. I do have permission from the publisher and a mutual understanding that I own the works of art and can do with them as I wish . (sell them or use them for this project for instance) Those works are my personal works and the publishers so please respect that. The Elements and Principles of Design: The things with which an artist works with to create a composition.  The Elements are: Lines; which can be curved or straigh...