Skip to main content

Reviewing Peer Response to Artwork


When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?

When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
I am not sure what art gallery the person who I peer reviewed 1st or 2nd went to but there were none that were the same so I feel as if I must have really missed out at the art gallery or that they went to a different gallery. I did agree for the most part with why she selected the images that she did and it was very nice to see images other than the ones in which I viewed. Like the unfinished portrait sketch by Seymour Haden out of all she posted I liked the most and connected the most with. As a domestic violence survivor of 28 years as a victim and a survivor of 2 years this 28th I often feel incomplete I am very interested to find out which art gallery they went to.
Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
I did already partly answer the above through my response to the unfinished portrait sketch. 
 liked the most and connected the most with. As a domestic violence survivor of 28 years as a victim and a survivor of 2 years this 28th I often feel incomplete I am very interested to find out which art gallery they went to.
I love the piece with sign language in it. I wish it was a more widely known language my 3.5 year old son didn't talk at 1st and his speech therapist and myself used sign language to get him to talk. He still signs please which is awesome. I want to teach him a lot more of it. This piece I am talking about is by James Drake painted in 1996 called " A Thousand Tongues Burn and Sing." From the way you took the photo of it I couldn't tell if it was a sculpture or a piece drawn at 1st! excellent photo! 

What do you think about  the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?
I really liked getting to view how others did the assignments and how they interpreted the assignments and how it compared to the way I interpreted things. It helped me to gain a better understanding how how well I can analyze art and seeing this done from other peers perspectives was a very good learning experience.

The only thing that was missing from other people's responses from the art gallery for the ones I reviewed was that they didn't include the scale nor did they seem to include other details which were important that you requested such as what the pieces were done on and one was missing the mediums used as well.



Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?
I actually find the comments I received to be very helpful as they make me feel more confident that I did a good job! The comments I received we surprisingly kind and it was super nice to read that others thought I did a very good job on the project. I am always very unsure of myself which deters me from getting things done so it was a very needed confidence boost to read that others thought I did so well on my projects. I am glad that others noted that the titles were not there which made it hard to tell which elements and principles I was trying to show through my works of art. I just had a lot of trouble with photobucket and linux but I do have a Mac computer so I am going to go back later and add the missing titles it just wouldn't let me with my linux computer! So i do appreciate the constructive criticism as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project one: Visit to the Albright Knox gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 1]Artist-Victor Vasarely, Title- Vega-Nor, Media-Oil on Canvas, scale -compared to me this piece is taller than I am and in width it is also a bit wider as well, year - 1969 This first piece made an impression on me because the elements used create and lead the eyes to see a sphere coming right out of the center of the canvas! The way the artist used the elements and principals of art to create this piece to make it appear that way is brilliant. 2]Artist- Dan Flavon, Title - Untitled (to Donna) 6 , Media - Blue pink and yellow florescent lights, scale- This piece is much bigger than me in length and width!,  year - 1971 This piece I found to be very impressive because of it's unique media and it's scale as well. It's size and the lights almost demand attention. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? 1] Artist - Jim Dine, Title - Child's Blue Wall, Media - mixed: Oil on canvas, Light Bu...

Art 247 Gallery Visit

So I choose to visit the Art247 in Lockport! I love it there, my friend is the owner. It's a gem not enough people know about!! It's on main street at 247 in lockport! I am doing my project on the yearly Domestic Violence Survivors art showing!  This first picture is of the 1st piece I saw. It caught my eye because I know the artist and saw it last year! This exhibit unlike many other does not display the names of the works or who they were made by as they are survivors of Domestic Violence.  Work 1 to analyze!  The second to analyze!  The third to analyze!

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

        For this project I choose to capture images of my own artwork and I will explain how they all show the Elements of Design. It will be interesting to analyze my own work in this manner as I never have before. Please note, the images are of my own artwork and MAY NOT BE reproduced IN ANY MANNER without my permission!! It is actually fully against the law. The pictures of the charcoal, pencil, colored pencil of elephants are also covered by the publisher as copyrighted works. They are all drafts, some more complete than others. I do have permission from the publisher and a mutual understanding that I own the works of art and can do with them as I wish . (sell them or use them for this project for instance) Those works are my personal works and the publishers so please respect that. The Elements and Principles of Design: The things with which an artist works with to create a composition.  The Elements are: Lines; which can be curved or straigh...