Skip to main content

Video review mod. 12


1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I Picked the 1st video, Isamu Noguchi: The Sculpture of Spaces because I really liked the title and what I thought it would beable which is almost like an anti-sculpture I guess. Very interesting.
The second video, Uncertainty: Modernity and Art I picked again because I found the title of the video of interest.

2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Video 1
*Isamu Noguchi has said that the space around a thing is as important as the thing itself, this is very true! I personally think it can be an underappreciated idea.
*Noguchi turning landscapes into participatory works of art
*That he redesigned a park in florida (bay front park) I am very shocked he got them to knock down a library! 2 works in NY one a red cube standing in the skyscrapers of manhattan and many more !

It amazing his attention to detail! The time he spends just shaping the fountain until he finds it is perfect is pretty impressive.
The fountain itself is very beautiful even more so at night with the sculpture in the center. Very unique and special.

Video 2
*This brings up chaos, anxiety, and above all, uncertainty that art of the 2oth century seems to focus on.
*I like how this brings up the meaning of life, if we can handle the uncertainty of life.
* I love LOVE how this bring up my own idea of reality, how it is different to everyone. I say everyone interprets our reality in a different way or view. It's not possible for someone to view reality exactly the same as another. This is part of what makes humanity and our world beautiful. Our uniqueness.
*How everything is relative so "why even have anything 'real' in there?" when referring to art.


2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?

I like how this 1st video builds on the idea of sculptures in a hole new rarely seen way, I rather enjoy it. I really feel the same way about video 2,  really enjoy how it explored uncertainty, chaos and the uniqueness in everyone's own reality in a way that the text just cannot do any justice!

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?

The videos continue to add a lot of depth to the text, the 1st video of this blog review the most I think so far. It added a lot to the topics  of the book.  I really like how he took sculptures to a whole new level in size, and concept. By taking into account the space around the object being observed is just as important as that object. I shockley never really thought of it that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project one: Visit to the Albright Knox gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 1]Artist-Victor Vasarely, Title- Vega-Nor, Media-Oil on Canvas, scale -compared to me this piece is taller than I am and in width it is also a bit wider as well, year - 1969 This first piece made an impression on me because the elements used create and lead the eyes to see a sphere coming right out of the center of the canvas! The way the artist used the elements and principals of art to create this piece to make it appear that way is brilliant. 2]Artist- Dan Flavon, Title - Untitled (to Donna) 6 , Media - Blue pink and yellow florescent lights, scale- This piece is much bigger than me in length and width!,  year - 1971 This piece I found to be very impressive because of it's unique media and it's scale as well. It's size and the lights almost demand attention. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? 1] Artist - Jim Dine, Title - Child's Blue Wall, Media - mixed: Oil on canvas, Light Bu...

Art 247 Gallery Visit

So I choose to visit the Art247 in Lockport! I love it there, my friend is the owner. It's a gem not enough people know about!! It's on main street at 247 in lockport! I am doing my project on the yearly Domestic Violence Survivors art showing!  This first picture is of the 1st piece I saw. It caught my eye because I know the artist and saw it last year! This exhibit unlike many other does not display the names of the works or who they were made by as they are survivors of Domestic Violence.  Work 1 to analyze!  The second to analyze!  The third to analyze!

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

        For this project I choose to capture images of my own artwork and I will explain how they all show the Elements of Design. It will be interesting to analyze my own work in this manner as I never have before. Please note, the images are of my own artwork and MAY NOT BE reproduced IN ANY MANNER without my permission!! It is actually fully against the law. The pictures of the charcoal, pencil, colored pencil of elephants are also covered by the publisher as copyrighted works. They are all drafts, some more complete than others. I do have permission from the publisher and a mutual understanding that I own the works of art and can do with them as I wish . (sell them or use them for this project for instance) Those works are my personal works and the publishers so please respect that. The Elements and Principles of Design: The things with which an artist works with to create a composition.  The Elements are: Lines; which can be curved or straigh...