Skip to main content

video review due 10/4

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.

I selected Islamic Art: Africa and Central Asia and Buddhism because they sound as if they would relate to my other online class GEO 360 as it is about the Geology of Asia and I thought it would complement the other topics I am currently learning well. 
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned?
for video 1).How Gothic architecture is highlighted by to the arches and filigrees of medieval Islamic Architecture.
How there is a location called Samarakand which is said to be haunted by spirits and is an oasis. It is called the Jewel of Islam, the city of famous shadows. How many tired to concur this area.
The color coding of the architecture of the Timurids to be attractive and lure them to it, as in the desert you "need to spell it out".
How Istanbul is riddled with huge dooms which seem to be almost floating.

A street of the dead, of timurids Architecture, which is being "reconstructed" which is destroying the ancient art. It is called this as Tamerlane (1336-1405) a brutal leader of turkish descent buried his female relations.
I found it interesting that he said he felt "high" off the architecture of the doms of suleiman and sinan ottomans. How it felt as if the whole building was the dom.
How the tomato red brown called anatolian where no one can still figure out how they developed this color and how it is not reproducible. How it raises and gives it a different aspect and draws in a viewer's attention.


for Video 2)
Although in my other class I have learned a lot about the region but it was very cool to see the aspect of the religion though the use architecture and art. My other class has not touched on this shockingly as it is a level 350 class and very detailed and very hard so I am surprised that art has mostly been left out. More so because it is being taught by the director of studies of development and culture of southeast asia. Although I have already learned a great deal about the religion it was very enriching to hear it from a program in a different class the gain another aspect of it.
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
I love how much for in detail the videos can go than the text. They are both of the same content but it is very different as to what we learn from reading and than viewing. The amount of detail and the greater understanding that is given.
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I greatly enjoys both films more so than I thought I would. As the others have so far, these added the depth and detail that can not be conveyed from reading a text book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project one: Visit to the Albright Knox gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 1]Artist-Victor Vasarely, Title- Vega-Nor, Media-Oil on Canvas, scale -compared to me this piece is taller than I am and in width it is also a bit wider as well, year - 1969 This first piece made an impression on me because the elements used create and lead the eyes to see a sphere coming right out of the center of the canvas! The way the artist used the elements and principals of art to create this piece to make it appear that way is brilliant. 2]Artist- Dan Flavon, Title - Untitled (to Donna) 6 , Media - Blue pink and yellow florescent lights, scale- This piece is much bigger than me in length and width!,  year - 1971 This piece I found to be very impressive because of it's unique media and it's scale as well. It's size and the lights almost demand attention. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? 1] Artist - Jim Dine, Title - Child's Blue Wall, Media - mixed: Oil on canvas, Light Bu...

Art 247 Gallery Visit

So I choose to visit the Art247 in Lockport! I love it there, my friend is the owner. It's a gem not enough people know about!! It's on main street at 247 in lockport! I am doing my project on the yearly Domestic Violence Survivors art showing!  This first picture is of the 1st piece I saw. It caught my eye because I know the artist and saw it last year! This exhibit unlike many other does not display the names of the works or who they were made by as they are survivors of Domestic Violence.  Work 1 to analyze!  The second to analyze!  The third to analyze!

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

        For this project I choose to capture images of my own artwork and I will explain how they all show the Elements of Design. It will be interesting to analyze my own work in this manner as I never have before. Please note, the images are of my own artwork and MAY NOT BE reproduced IN ANY MANNER without my permission!! It is actually fully against the law. The pictures of the charcoal, pencil, colored pencil of elephants are also covered by the publisher as copyrighted works. They are all drafts, some more complete than others. I do have permission from the publisher and a mutual understanding that I own the works of art and can do with them as I wish . (sell them or use them for this project for instance) Those works are my personal works and the publishers so please respect that. The Elements and Principles of Design: The things with which an artist works with to create a composition.  The Elements are: Lines; which can be curved or straigh...