Skip to main content

13/14 Video Review

Questions and Topics for Your Blog Posting:

1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
video one "lowbrow"
I learned it's about art that is very abstract to the point where someone wouldn't necessarily thing of as art
Initially i was used for naked women, and hot rods.
That it was used basically to refer to pornographic art but then became more of a catch all.
The "space age" era where people were paranoid because of the war, how if anyone who deviated from the norm made them a "commie".
How versatile this type of art is.
How the perception was given which I can see as correct that if you are going to worry about what they are going to say when you present the art you are doomed.
Video 2 won't play for me I get this message when I click the link
Video 3 - An Acquiring Mind: Philippe de Montebello and The Metropolitan Museum of Art
"a museum is never finished"
Philippe de Montebello was the director of the Metropolitan Museum of Art for 31 years
How this gallery does such a good job of showing multiple cultures and diversity.
How selective the process for getting a work of art in this museum.

2. Do the videos relate to the creation of your Art Exhibition project? If yes, explain how. If no, explain why not.
They do in that the 3rd one explains how things can be diverse get still in a collection or like the 1st one all with the same genre and make up an exhibition. It helped to give me ideas of how to put my project together.

3. What is your opinion of the films? Do they add depth to understanding of the art concepts you practiced while creating your curation project?
i wish the 2nd video would have worked to give me more of a viewpoint of this process from someone has done it's life.
They gave me different views on how many ways this could be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project one: Visit to the Albright Knox gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 1]Artist-Victor Vasarely, Title- Vega-Nor, Media-Oil on Canvas, scale -compared to me this piece is taller than I am and in width it is also a bit wider as well, year - 1969 This first piece made an impression on me because the elements used create and lead the eyes to see a sphere coming right out of the center of the canvas! The way the artist used the elements and principals of art to create this piece to make it appear that way is brilliant. 2]Artist- Dan Flavon, Title - Untitled (to Donna) 6 , Media - Blue pink and yellow florescent lights, scale- This piece is much bigger than me in length and width!,  year - 1971 This piece I found to be very impressive because of it's unique media and it's scale as well. It's size and the lights almost demand attention. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? 1] Artist - Jim Dine, Title - Child's Blue Wall, Media - mixed: Oil on canvas, Light Bu...

Art 247 Gallery Visit

So I choose to visit the Art247 in Lockport! I love it there, my friend is the owner. It's a gem not enough people know about!! It's on main street at 247 in lockport! I am doing my project on the yearly Domestic Violence Survivors art showing!  This first picture is of the 1st piece I saw. It caught my eye because I know the artist and saw it last year! This exhibit unlike many other does not display the names of the works or who they were made by as they are survivors of Domestic Violence.  Work 1 to analyze!  The second to analyze!  The third to analyze!

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

        For this project I choose to capture images of my own artwork and I will explain how they all show the Elements of Design. It will be interesting to analyze my own work in this manner as I never have before. Please note, the images are of my own artwork and MAY NOT BE reproduced IN ANY MANNER without my permission!! It is actually fully against the law. The pictures of the charcoal, pencil, colored pencil of elephants are also covered by the publisher as copyrighted works. They are all drafts, some more complete than others. I do have permission from the publisher and a mutual understanding that I own the works of art and can do with them as I wish . (sell them or use them for this project for instance) Those works are my personal works and the publishers so please respect that. The Elements and Principles of Design: The things with which an artist works with to create a composition.  The Elements are: Lines; which can be curved or straigh...