Skip to main content

Art Curation Exhibition, my process and reflection.

I decided to do this on Photography of my own creation since I wanted it to reflect upon the theme which I based off of my experience. I am not sure if anyone else did it this way but I thought why not let myself be the artist!

I wanted to create something showing how almost 180 the perceptions of a victim of abuse can be and show this though contrasting ideas such as day vs night to reflect value. Through Macroscopic vs macroscopic photos, when someone has been though a great trauma it can gut you of everything you thought, believed or felt in anyway is now shattered. That perception of our shared reality is now one which is individually for everyone involved skewed into something it wasn't. One thing that is extremely hard to keep is HOPE. Things that have brought me to the point of my life where I was well from that start since I was born into abuse to now 2 +years later is that creativity just flourished in me and I didn't even really notice. It just naturally poured out of me. When people see my apt they say they like how "artistic" it is. I do have art literally everywhere. Even my binders this semester are collages I just remembered. After only a short amount of time I would look around at my apt and the walls are pretty much just COVERED in art which is mostly my own with some pieces which are not. Not only this project but this class has shown me while I might not be a professional artist. ( yah I have a book being published with my illustrations in it but it's nothing at all compared to some of the art my classmates have made) I am and I have always been a very creative out of the box thinking person and honestly it has made me survive what I have so far. I hope my project reflects that although I do wish we could post on here over a power point so it could be shared more with others but I will post a few of my favorite Photographs I took for this project.
"Looming Clouds" - it reminds me of how anything can strike down and destroy but you need to keep the hope alive that you can rebuild. There are elements of light within these dark dense heavy clouds. Those spots of a higher value of brightness remind me that even if you can't see it there is always a light at the end of a tunnel.


"Conflict and Contrast" - Everything is so very vivid at the park (delaware park) but the depth of dark vue under the bridge reminds me that while everything can appear perfect, that nothing is what it seems. Just keep running.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project one: Visit to the Albright Knox gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 1]Artist-Victor Vasarely, Title- Vega-Nor, Media-Oil on Canvas, scale -compared to me this piece is taller than I am and in width it is also a bit wider as well, year - 1969 This first piece made an impression on me because the elements used create and lead the eyes to see a sphere coming right out of the center of the canvas! The way the artist used the elements and principals of art to create this piece to make it appear that way is brilliant. 2]Artist- Dan Flavon, Title - Untitled (to Donna) 6 , Media - Blue pink and yellow florescent lights, scale- This piece is much bigger than me in length and width!,  year - 1971 This piece I found to be very impressive because of it's unique media and it's scale as well. It's size and the lights almost demand attention. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? 1] Artist - Jim Dine, Title - Child's Blue Wall, Media - mixed: Oil on canvas, Light Bu...

Art 247 Gallery Visit

So I choose to visit the Art247 in Lockport! I love it there, my friend is the owner. It's a gem not enough people know about!! It's on main street at 247 in lockport! I am doing my project on the yearly Domestic Violence Survivors art showing!  This first picture is of the 1st piece I saw. It caught my eye because I know the artist and saw it last year! This exhibit unlike many other does not display the names of the works or who they were made by as they are survivors of Domestic Violence.  Work 1 to analyze!  The second to analyze!  The third to analyze!

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

        For this project I choose to capture images of my own artwork and I will explain how they all show the Elements of Design. It will be interesting to analyze my own work in this manner as I never have before. Please note, the images are of my own artwork and MAY NOT BE reproduced IN ANY MANNER without my permission!! It is actually fully against the law. The pictures of the charcoal, pencil, colored pencil of elephants are also covered by the publisher as copyrighted works. They are all drafts, some more complete than others. I do have permission from the publisher and a mutual understanding that I own the works of art and can do with them as I wish . (sell them or use them for this project for instance) Those works are my personal works and the publishers so please respect that. The Elements and Principles of Design: The things with which an artist works with to create a composition.  The Elements are: Lines; which can be curved or straigh...